TopHat wants to deliver the lowest carbon impact homes in the UK. This is not only in terms of the operation, but also the impact we have in going about delivering these homes.
Sustainability & Climate Transition
Delivering a product that is sustainable and minimises its impact on our planet.
- Ultra-low embodied carbon (here and now saving)
- Zero-carbon operational business
- Ultra-low carbon lifecycle
- Smart material choices
Thought leadership and engagement with leading universities etc.
A people-centric, values-led organisation.
An employer of choice, where people want to work and be associated with.
- Low accident rates
- Living wage employer
- Living Wage accreditation
- Best in class HSE stats.
Citizenship and Inclusive Growth
Engaging with our community, supporting those around our business.
- School engagement around STEM etc.
- Work experience placements
- Supporting long-term unemployed / those leaving prison
- Programme of work to engage with schools and STEM subjects.
- Work experience placements in the factory and London office.
- Initiatives to help people back into work.
- Positive messaging about creating long term careers and jobs.
- Local community initiatives, supporting new businesses, litter picks, community days etc.
- Eliminate fuel poverty
Having the right controls, processes and procedures to ensure we deliver on what we say, in a transparent manner.
Delivering on our values.
- Diversity and inclusion characteristics
- Engaging third parties to audit our processes etc.
A TopHat home will save 61,828 kgC02 over the life of the house. This is 45% of the C02 produced by a traditional house, or a saving equivalent to living car free for over 30 years*.
*(61,828 kgC02 ÷ 2,000 kgC02 (average car consumption p.a.) = 30.9 years)
The same TopHat home will also have all its lighting, heating and hot water delivered for less than 90p/day*.
*(2,330kWh x 14p/kWh = £326.20 / 365 = 89.4p)
The actual embedded C02 in the TopHat home, when compared to a traditional home is 1/27th, being 729 kgC02 v 19,692 kgC02. This means that 1 traditional house has the same embodied carbon of 27 TopHat homes!*
*(19,692 kgC02 ÷ 729 kgC02 = 27)