This is an opportunity to join a fast growing TopHat’s urban design team that develops innovative strategies and infrastructure for data-driven urban development and digitalised design and planning process.
We are currently looking for talented urban designers & master planners with a range of different levels of experience. We always value passionate and research driven individuals, who appreciate the benefits of multidisciplinary working and enjoy working in a collaborative team.
You should have a good understanding of UK planning framework and housing sector as well as a great interest in current trends and issues in urban design and spatial typologies.
Requirements for the role:
- A post-graduate master’s degree in urban design / housing with a background in architecture would be preferable
- Excellent drawing and graphic skills with strong design ability using Revit, Auto-Cad and Adobe Creative Suite, Rhino would be an advantage
- Great portfolio of work with a variety of projects at a range of scales and types with strong focus on master planning and housing typologies
- UK housing and/or mixed-use urban development project experience (minimum 2-3 years)
- Proven experience in master planning applications drafting
- Ability to produce design reports and presentations
- Keen interest in urban/suburban master planning and placemaking strategies
- Friendly and creative attitude
- Effective ability to communicate with people at all levels and backgrounds, including the design team and external consultants.
- Spatial data analysis capacity as well as GIS and data visualisation skills would be highly desirable, although we would consider applicants without it if represents strong design capabilities
Applying for a Position
This is a full-time position is based at TopHat, 14 Great James St, Bloomsbury, London WC1N 3DP .
To apply for a position, download and complete the below application form and email this or simply email us your CV and a covering letter with this information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t forget, ensure you clearly state which position (Urban Designer / Master Planner) you’re applying for.
By submitting an application, you agree with the below statements and provide your consent to TopHat for the use of your data as per these statements:
- I hereby freely give TopHat consent to use and process my personal data included in this job application.
- I accept that I have read and agree to our job application privacy notice.
- In giving my consent, I understand that I can ask to see this data to check its accuracy at any time via a subject access request (SAR).
- I understand that I can ask for a copy of my personal data held about me at any time, and this request is free of charge.
- I understand that I can request that data that is no longer required to be held, can be removed from my file and destroyed.
- I understand that if I am unsuccessful with my application my data will be destroyed after 6 months.
- I understand that if I am dissatisfied with how my company uses my data I can make a complaint to the government body in charge at www.ICO.org.uk or write to email@example.com