As QA / QC Engineer you will be responsible for providing assurance to the business and its clients that process and product meet the intended requirements.
The QA / QC Engineer’s main responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to meeting the quality objectives
- Act independently on behalf of the customer and the business
- Schedule & perform planned manufacturing process audits (QA) to verify compliance to the instructions / processes, they are fit for purpose and any opportunities to improve are identified
- Use controlled drawings and designs to identify conformity or deviation from desired specifications and documents results
- Generate inspection & Test Plans (ITP) based on manufacturing / product risks & criticality
- Work closely with the production team at all levels to ensure engagement and key risk / controls are implemented and effective
- Use inspection tools to verify conformity (i.e Vernier’s)
- Perform all aspects of non-conformity management
- Ensure containment, correction and corrective action is performed to prevent reoccurrences and / or prevent escape to the customer
- Report finding to management in an accurate and timely manner
- Analyse failure trends
- Act as a bridge between production and quality assurance
- Provide regular feedback to the Head of Operations, who will use the information to adjust and regulate the process for maximum efficiency, safety and quality of the finished goods
- Control documents and records according to the requirement of the QMS
- Perform training of operation personnel in aspects of conformity and control
- Ensure all customer / technical / company standards are met
- Ensure the requirements for equipment calibration are identified, documented and performed. Act where found outside the requirements
- Escalate problems or concerns to senior management where high risk or extra support required
- Team Player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a high attention to detail, accuracy and reconciliations
- Good I.T skills
- Is not knocked off balance by ambiguity uncertainty and change
- Ability to demonstrate TopHat values.
Functional Skills and Experiences
- Lead / Internal Auditor qualification
- Understanding of ISO9001
- Understanding of controlling critical manufacturing activities
- Interpretation of technical drawings and specifications
- Performing inspections
- Use of measuring equipment
- Understanding of managing non-conformity
Acting independently for the good of the business and its clients
Applying for a Position
This is a full-time position and is based at TopHat, Park Avenue, Dove Valley Park, Foston, Derby, DE65 5BT.
To apply for a position, download and complete the below application form and email this, or, simply email a copy of your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com
Don’t forget, ensure you clearly state which position (QA / QC Engineer) you’re applying for. By submitting an application, you are agreeing to our job application privacy notice.
By submitting an application, you agree with the below statements and provide your consent to TopHat for the use of your data as per these statements:
- I hereby freely give TopHat consent to use and process my personal data included in this job application.
- I accept that I have read and agree to our job application privacy notice.
- In giving my consent, I understand that I can ask to see this data to check its accuracy at any time via a subject access request (SAR).
- I understand that I can ask for a copy of my personal data held about me at any time, and this request is free of charge.
- I understand that I can request that data that is no longer required to be held, can be removed from my file and destroyed.
- I understand that if I am unsuccessful with my application my data will be destroyed after 6 months.
- I understand that if I am dissatisfied with how my company uses my data I can make a complaint to the government body in charge at www.ICO.org.uk or write to firstname.lastname@example.org