As a Process Engineer for TopHat you will be responsible for providing technical direction to all phases of the home manufacturing process, including prototypes, in order to fulfil customer demand requirements.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include:
- To manage the prototype home builds, getting hands-on to ensure complete familiarity with product range
- To make recommendations to improve prototype build by conducting trials, testing samples, determining costs, and documenting results
- To contribute to manufacturing specifications/SOPs by compiling and maintaining product and process information including engineering drawing systems
- To provide detailed analysis and design of assembly processes that accurately reflect product drawings, specifications and manufacturing considerations
- To establish detailed and accurate production processes based on project schedules and specifications/design variances
- To work effectively with Design, Sales and Derby team to enable optimum and most cost-effective production solutions
- To assist in compiling design reports and other engineering documentation
- To produce process, control functional specifications
- To produce process flow diagrams
- To manage project results, timing and costs
- To ensure test systems are working correctly and identifying and repairing faults
- To make recommendations of best practice or alternative processes and identify opportunities for continuous improvements by reducing cycle times, process variations, defects, set up times etc
- To deliver completed modules within specified timeframes
- To assist in training and developing production crew to a high level of competence and providing technical assistance during the manufacturing process
- To create quality supporting data to demonstrate productivity, manning and throughput
- To keep abreast of current industry practice, new equipment etc
- To lead and support improvement projects using LEAN deployment, 5S, 6S and Continuous Improvement
- To ensure compliance with all statutory HSE requirements and TopHat specific initiatives.
The ideal candidate will possess as a minimum, an HND/HNC in mechanical/electrical/aerospace engineering, along with extensive experience in the Production/Process Engineering sector preferably in modular buildings. Experience in a low volume complex manufacturing environment is also desirable/a suitable substitute for modular experience.
You will have a proven track record in improving safety, quality, delivery and cost performance, as well as in the development and implementation of process control.
The ideal candidate will also possess:
- A good understanding of 5S, Lean/6 Sigma and Continuous Improvement
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge and practical experience of CAD
- Experience of PFMEA and Control Plans
- Ability to understand and interpret technical drawings
- A proven track record in process design with the ability to design a robust production process capable of meeting volume targets and quality/cost/delivery measures
- Previous involvement in NPI projects.
Applying for a Position
This is a full-time position and is based at TopHat, Park Avenue, Dove Valley Park, Foston, Derby, DE65 5BT.
To apply for a position, download and complete the below application form and email this, or, simply email a copy of your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t forget, ensure you clearly state which position (Process Engineer) you’re applying for. By submitting an application, you are agreeing to our job application privacy notice.
By submitting an application, you agree with the below statements and provide your consent to TopHat for the use of your data as per these statements:
- I hereby freely give TopHat consent to use and process my personal data included in this job application.
- I accept that I have read and agree to our job application privacy notice.
- In giving my consent, I understand that I can ask to see this data to check its accuracy at any time via a subject access request (SAR).
- I understand that I can ask for a copy of my personal data held about me at any time, and this request is free of charge.
- I understand that I can request that data that is no longer required to be held, can be removed from my file and destroyed.
- I understand that if I am unsuccessful with my application my data will be destroyed after 6 months.
- I understand that if I am dissatisfied with how my company uses my data I can make a complaint to the government body in charge at www.ICO.org.uk or write to email@example.com