As a Manufacturing Operative for TopHat you will work as a member of the team on our manufacturing lines, assisting in the production of our modular timber framed homes.
You will also be required to perform production tasks in our Derby factory, working to defined processes and procedures. Assisting in assembling the finished product and carrying out inspections to ensure high quality standards.
You will also assist in continuously improving performance in the areas of output, cost, quality and service whilst maintaining a safe working environment.
The Manufacturing Operative will be responsible for:
1. Identifying and solving minor problems on the line with colleagues
2. Cutting timber and board materials to size using appropriate cutting equipment.
3. Operating pneumatic and electrical plant equipment, including hand tools
4. Preparing frames/joist sub-assemblies, this will involve manual handling (joists, studs and large panels) using overhead cranes and vac-lifters etc
5. Making floor/ceiling/wall panels using semi-automated framing equipment and hand tools, this will involve manual handling (joists, studs and large panels) using overhead cranes and vac-lifters etc.
6. Insulating cavities and surfaces with acoustic/thermal materials using hand tools
7. Fitting M&E services and sub-assemblies within the cavities using hand tools
8. Cladding panels with sheet materials using semi-automated framing equipment and hand tools
9. Fitting vapour/breather/weatherproof membranes
10. Fitting window/door components using hand tools
11. Assisting with painting/decorating, floor laying (carpet & timber), tiling and joinery
12. Stock picking from racks/boxes to create/build delivery kits for line side use
13. Cutting (PVC, copper and aluminium) and bending of (copper) pipes
Functional Skills and Experiences
1. Ability to follow instruction and communicate with colleagues
2. Experience of working in a production/manufacturing assembly environment is desirable
3. Experience of a practical nature such as joinery, plumbing, roofing or with a trades background would be beneficial
Applying for a Position
This is a full-time position and is based at TopHat, Park Avenue, Dove Valley Park, Foston, Derby, DE65 5BT.
To apply for a position download and complete the below application form and email this, or , simply email a copy of your CV, with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t forget, ensure you clearly state which position (Manufacturing Operative, Derby) you’re applying for. By submitting an application, you are agreeing to our job application privacy notice.
By submitting an application, you agree with the below statements and provide your consent to TopHat for the use of your data as per these statements:
- I hereby freely give TopHat consent to use and process my personal data included in this job application.
- I accept that I have read and agree to our job application privacy notice.
- In giving my consent, I understand that I can ask to see this data to check its accuracy at any time via a subject access request (SAR).
- I understand that I can ask for a copy of my personal data held about me at any time, and this request is free of charge.
- I understand that I can request that data that is no longer required to be held, can be removed from my file and destroyed.
- I understand that if I am unsuccessful with my application my data will be destroyed after 6 months.
- I understand that if I am dissatisfied with how my company uses my data I can make a complaint to the government body in charge at www.ICO.org.uk or write to email@example.com