As Production Buyer you will be responsible for sourcing goods, materials and services to ensure that the company operational needs are met, considering price, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply. You will also undertake SRM activities to drive continuous improvement and innovation through the supply chain, working across the TopHat Group to ensure opportunities are maximised and that a co-ordinated approach is maintained.
The Production Buyer will be responsible for:
1. Undertaking strategic sourcing activities utilising established business tools and templates
2. Supporting the development and communication of a sourcing strategy to shape purchasing decisions
3. Purchasing goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
4. Supporting the planning function and other relevant departments and communicate any supply problems which may impact on business operations
5. Acting as an interface between suppliers and other relevant departments on purchasing processes and new projects and activities
6. Monitoring and advising on any issues which present risk or opportunity to the organisation
7. Monitoring market trends and competitor strategies
8. Providing analysis on costs, new and existing and review cost reduction activities
9. Tracking and reviewing commodity movements and making recommendations as to how this could influence product design
10. Working closely with others in the procurement function and review opportunities for continuous improvement and business improvements
11. Developing and managing the contractual relationship with key suppliers to manage business risk
12. Adhere to any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of self, staff and visitors
13. Negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
14. Preparing and raising purchase orders and order schedules where required
15. Building, maintaining and managing supplier relationships to ensure good communications
16. Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships
17. In conjunction with technical design, become the category product expert to provide guidance and insight to the architectural design team
18. Ensuring compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies, procedures, and ethics during supplier negotiations, contracts award, and all discussions.
19. Conducting research for new components and suppliers
20. Utilising compiled data relating to supplier performance to enable evaluation and drive improvement actions
21. Assessing and evaluating suppliers as required to determine new sources of supply by developing an agreed set of KPI measures
22. Contacting suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues
23. Liaising with customer/sales /business development team to determine customer requirements
24. Any other reasonable duties which may be required from management from time to time
1. Good with statistics
2. Strong organisational skills
3. Excellent communication skills
4. Strong numerical, analytical and problem-solving skills
5. Commercial awareness
6. Sound data driven decision making skills
7. Ability to self-motivate against demanding targets and tight deadlines
8. Is not knocked off balance by ambiguity, uncertainty and change
9. Good interpersonal and team leadership skills
Functional Skills and Experiences
1. Ideally educated to HND/HNC or Degree Level
2. CIPS membership preferred
3. Proven experience as a buyer within a fast-paced manufacturing environment and or with a large housebuilder at a procurement management level
4. Working knowledge of MS Office and ERP systems
5. Experience in MRP II (Manufacturing resource planning) and or ERP
6. Excellent knowledge of purchasing tools and techniques
Applying for a Position
This is a full-time position is based at TopHat, Park Avenue, Dove Valley Park, Derby, DE65 5BT.
To apply for a position, download and complete the below application form and email this or simply email us your CV and a covering letter with this information to email@example.com
Don’t forget, ensure you clearly state which position (Production Buyer, Derby) you’re applying for.
By submitting an application, you agree with the below statements and provide your consent to TopHat for the use of your data as per these statements:
- I hereby freely give TopHat consent to use and process my personal data included in this job application.
- I accept that I have read and agree to our job application privacy notice.
- In giving my consent, I understand that I can ask to see this data to check its accuracy at any time via a subject access request (SAR).
- I understand that I can ask for a copy of my personal data held about me at any time, and this request is free of charge.
- I understand that I can request that data that is no longer required to be held, can be removed from my file and destroyed.
- I understand that if I am unsuccessful with my application my data will be destroyed after 6 months.
- I understand that if I am dissatisfied with how my company uses my data I can make a complaint to the government body in charge at www.ICO.org.uk or write to firstname.lastname@example.org