As a Senior HSBCad Designer you will be responsible for developing HSBCad models, associated details and libraries that deliver the architectural ambitions of the business in a way that is both designed for manufacture and buildable.
The Senior HSBCad Designer will be responsible for:
1. Delivery of all structural manufacturing drawings to the supply chain and factory floor
2. Delivery of al CNC codes exported from the HSBCad model to aid manufacture
3. Development of design details in a timely manner that are: robust, meet Building Regulations, consistent with the advice from the Structural Engineers, meet the architectural aspirations of TopHat, easy to manufacture, buildable, transportable
4. Supporting the R&D function in the production of design detail and the creation of test specimens and partially oversee the associated tests. (i.e. fire / acoustic testing).
1. A strong attention to detail
2. A passion for innovation and new ideas
3. Good oral and written communication skills
4. Strong numerical, analytical and problem-solving skills
5. Commercial awareness
6. Sound data driven decision making skills
7. Ability to self-motivate against demanding targets and tight deadlines
8. Is not knocked off balance by ambiguity, uncertainty and change
9. Good interpersonal and team leadership skills
Functional Skills and Experiences
1. Degree qualification desirable
2. HND/HNC/BTEC in engineering, building or architectural technology is essential
3. CIAT Accreditation desirable
4. Excellent working knowledge of HSBCad and technical drawing
5. Ability to demonstrate usage of HSBCad within the construction or manufacturing industries
6. Excellent understanding of AutoCAD and use of Revit and Inventor design programs.
7. Knowledge and understanding of timber frame design is highly desirable
8. Experience of document control and BIM is desirable
9. Understanding and use of Revit and Inventor design programs is highly desirable.
Applying for a Position
This is a full-time position is based at TopHat, Park Avenue, Dove Valley Park, Derby, DE65 5BT.
To apply for a position, download and complete the below application form and email this or simply email us your CV and a covering letter with this information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t forget, ensure you clearly state which position (Senior HSBCad Designer, Derby) you’re applying for.
By submitting an application, you agree with the below statements and provide your consent to TopHat for the use of your data as per these statements:
- I hereby freely give TopHat consent to use and process my personal data included in this job application.
- I accept that I have read and agree to our job application privacy notice.
- In giving my consent, I understand that I can ask to see this data to check its accuracy at any time via a subject access request (SAR).
- I understand that I can ask for a copy of my personal data held about me at any time, and this request is free of charge.
- I understand that I can request that data that is no longer required to be held, can be removed from my file and destroyed.
- I understand that if I am unsuccessful with my application my data will be destroyed after 6 months.
- I understand that if I am dissatisfied with how my company uses my data I can make a complaint to the government body in charge at www.ICO.org.uk or write to email@example.com