As Health, Safety & Environment Manager for TopHat you will work as a member of the team to ensure that our organisation is continuously strengthening its commitment to health, safety & the environment.
The Group HSE Manager will be responsible for:
1. Responsibility for TopHat Group in providing continuous improvement in HS&E standards and to provide an effective contribution to ensuring full compliance of the business to the relevant legislation.
2. To set the standards for Occupational Health and Safety to achieve and maintain ISO 45001:2018 accreditation
3. To set the framework for an effective environmental management system to achieve and maintain ISO 14001:2015
4. Ensure that the Group implements safe operational and equipment installation procedures which identify all relevant hazards
5. Ensure that working practices are safe and comply with Company policies and legislation
6. Develop a HSE policy and manual and ensure responsibilities are understood across the Group
7. Establish and monitor HSE business KPIs (e.g. zero reportable accidents) and make recommendations to improve on achievement of KPIs
8. Carry out regular Risk Assessments to check that policies and procedures are being adhered to
9. Create programmes which ensure that all employees receive appropriate level of HSE training
10. Liaise with HR Manager and Technical Training Manager to ensure that HSE forms part of initial induction training
11. Advise on a range of specialist areas, fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases
12. Manage and organise the safe disposal of hazardous substances
13. Set up and lead the H&S Committee
14. In coordination with local construction managers, ensure that a competent CDM coordinator is appointed at every construction site where TopHat is undertaking works and monitor the CDM coordinator’s reporting to ensure that TopHat is fulfilling its legal duties
15. Ensure that all staff within TopHat understand and fulfil their duties with respect to CDM regulations
16. Implement robust first aid policies and accident investigation procedures
17. Ensure that HSE principles are embedded in SOPs.
18. Ensure that HSE principles are embedded into our BOPAS Certification across all business areas.
19. Engage with all employee groups to solicit feedback on HSE and ensure this is incorporated in the process for continuous improvement.
Functional Skills and Experiences
1. Extensive experience working as a dedicated HS&E Manager
2. Sound knowledge of HSE legislation and regulations
3. Experience of managing HSE in a process manufacturing environment
4. Experience in implementing a QMS framework
5. Worked within/on Construction Design Management Regulations 2015 (CDM)
6. Experience in implementing accreditation in HSE
7. Experience in creating formalised training programmes in HSE
8. Team Player
9. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
10. Able to communicate effectively within a team and engage with stakeholders at all levels of the business
11. Strong attention to detail
12. Sound influencing skills
13. Excellent organisational and planning skills
14. Sound decision making skills
15. Ability to operate against demanding targets and tight deadlines
16. Is not knocked off balance by ambiguity uncertainty and change
17. Ability to demonstrate TopHat values
Applying for a Position
This is a full-time position and is based at TopHat, Park Avenue, Dove Valley Park, Foston, Derby, DE65 5BT.
To apply for a position, download and complete the below application form and email this, or, simply email a copy of your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com
Don’t forget, ensure you clearly state which position (Group HSE Manager, Derby) you’re applying for. By submitting an application, you are agreeing to our job application privacy notice.
By submitting an application, you agree with the below statements and provide your consent to TopHat for the use of your data as per these statements:
- I hereby freely give TopHat consent to use and process my personal data included in this job application.
- I accept that I have read and agree to our job application privacy notice.
- In giving my consent, I understand that I can ask to see this data to check its accuracy at any time via a subject access request (SAR).
- I understand that I can ask for a copy of my personal data held about me at any time, and this request is free of charge.
- I understand that I can request that data that is no longer required to be held, can be removed from my file and destroyed.
- I understand that if I am unsuccessful with my application my data will be destroyed after 6 months.
- I understand that if I am dissatisfied with how my company uses my data I can make a complaint to the government body in charge at www.ICO.org.uk or write to firstname.lastname@example.org