As Accounts Payable Supervisor you will take full day to day responsibility for the Accounts Payable function across all businesses within the Group.
The Accounts Payable Supervisor will be responsible for:
1. Leading the Accounts Payable team to ensure all work required is completed on time and accurately.
2. Co-ordinating all activities within the Accounts Payable team to ensure timely and accurate reporting of monthly and quarterly financial results.
3. Organising the allocation of workload within the Accounts Payable team, to ensure that work is allocated fairly, clearly understood as to what is required to be achieved with timescales (where applicable) and ensures that each member of the team maintains a broad range of knowledge.
4. Create a program of continuous improvement.
5. Ensure all invoices are registered on receipt and ensure that all invoices have the appropriate ledger code.
6. Check invoiced expenditure has been incurred in accordance with the documented authorisation process and challenge deviations from protocol.
7. Oversee the reconciliation of all supplier statements, and that appropriate actions are taken to ensure the ledger represents a true and fair position in relation to each ledger.
8. Manage the accurate payment of suppliers for goods and services, in line with the agreed terms.
9. Highlight new or changing risks within our supplier base.
10. Ensure all records and relevant records are archived in line with agreed standards.
11. Support and implement actions to optimise working capital as directed by the Financial Controller and Director of Finance.
12. Support internal and external audit teams by ensuring that relevant documentation is prepared in advance and co-ordinate prompt responses to any issues raised.
13. Create & lead a team of direct reports.
14. The preparation of period-end AP reports.
15. Provide necessary inputs from AP into cash flow and working capital modelling.
16. Own the team metrics, constantly seeking opportunities for improvement.
17. Any other task as may be deemed necessary from time to time by management.
1. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a good attention to detail
2. Strong analytical skills
3. Ability to create a positive and effective working environment
4. A self-starter with the ability to use own initiative to resolve problems
5. Effective relationships management skills
6. Commitment to getting the job done in a pro-active enthusiastic manner
7. Excellent organisational and time management skills
8. The ability to maintain flexibility and a positive attitude in a demanding environment
9. Ability to demonstrate TopHat values.
Functional Skills and Experiences
1. AAT level 4 qualification desirable.
2. Extensive Accounts Payable experience at a supervisory level, with previous experience of managing an Accounts Payable team is essential.
3. A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages with exceptional Excel skills.
4. Experience of working on an AP ERP implementation with knowledge of SAP (S4/ HANA) is desirable.
Applying for a Position
This is a full-time position and is based at TopHat, Park Avenue, Dove Valley Park, Foston, Derby, DE65 5BT.
To apply for a position, download and complete the below application form and email this, or, simply email a copy of your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com
Don’t forget, ensure you clearly state which position (Accounts Payable Supervisor, Derby) you’re applying for. By submitting an application, you are agreeing to our job application privacy notice.
By submitting an application, you agree with the below statements and provide your consent to TopHat for the use of your data as per these statements:
- I hereby freely give TopHat consent to use and process my personal data included in this job application.
- I accept that I have read and agree to our job application privacy notice.
- In giving my consent, I understand that I can ask to see this data to check its accuracy at any time via a subject access request (SAR).
- I understand that I can ask for a copy of my personal data held about me at any time, and this request is free of charge.
- I understand that I can request that data that is no longer required to be held, can be removed from my file and destroyed.
- I understand that if I am unsuccessful with my application my data will be destroyed after 6 months.
- I understand that if I am dissatisfied with how my company uses my data I can make a complaint to the government body in charge at www.ICO.org.uk or write to firstname.lastname@example.org