As Accounts Payable Assistant you will be responsible for preparing payment proposals by receiving, processing, verifying, controlling and reconciling invoices, employee expense claims and credit card statements for TopHat and associated companies.
The Accounts Payable Assistant will be responsible for:
1. Processing vendor invoices ensuring correct coding to accounts, cost centres and other required analytical codes.
2. Ensuring each invoice is authorised in accordance with the company delegation of authority
3. Matching invoices to approved purchase orders or obtaining approval of direct invoice postings
4. Reconciling ledger entries and vendor accounts to supplier statements on a routine basis
5. Preparing periodic vendor payment proposals supported by approved processed invoices.
6. Preparing periodic employee expenses payment proposals supported by approved employee expense.
7. Ensuring that all available discounts are taken.
8. Ensuring that invoices are entered with correct payment terms.
9. Verifying vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
10. Maintaining historical records by filing documents electronically or in physical files.
11. Ensuring that VAT is accounted for in accordance with the company VAT treatment policy.
12. Ensuring that invoice queries are logged and coordinate resolution.
13. Investigating and resolving debit balances on vendor accounts.
14. Any other duties that may be deemed appropriate to the role.
1. Team Player
2. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a high attention to detail, accuracy and reconciliations
3. Able to communicate effectively within a team and engage with stakeholders at all levels of the business
4. Ability to manage high volumes of transactional work
5. Is not knocked off balance by ambiguity uncertainty and change
6. Ability to demonstrate TopHat values.
Functional Skills and Experiences
1. AAT part qualified, studying towards or willing to undertake study
2. Experience in a Purchase Ledger/Accounts Payable role
3. Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
4. Knowledge of SAP systems is desirable.
Applying for a Position
This is a full-time position and is based at TopHat, Park Avenue, Dove Valley Park, Foston, Derby, DE65 5BT.
To apply for a position, download and complete the below application form and email this, or, simply email a copy of your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com
Don’t forget, ensure you clearly state which position (Accounts Payable Supervisor, Derby) you’re applying for. By submitting an application, you are agreeing to our job application privacy notice.
By submitting an application, you agree with the below statements and provide your consent to TopHat for the use of your data as per these statements:
- I hereby freely give TopHat consent to use and process my personal data included in this job application.
- I accept that I have read and agree to our job application privacy notice.
- In giving my consent, I understand that I can ask to see this data to check its accuracy at any time via a subject access request (SAR).
- I understand that I can ask for a copy of my personal data held about me at any time, and this request is free of charge.
- I understand that I can request that data that is no longer required to be held, can be removed from my file and destroyed.
- I understand that if I am unsuccessful with my application my data will be destroyed after 6 months.
- I understand that if I am dissatisfied with how my company uses my data I can make a complaint to the government body in charge at www.ICO.org.uk or write to firstname.lastname@example.org